xFlow Research Inc. provides industry standard deployment, integration, testing and benchmarking of a wide variety of VNFs. We develop automation tools to quickly demonstrate the various VNF use-cases. We develop best-of-breed and portable VNF solution that are scalable in any direction and can work with a range of cloud deployments.
Additionally, we work on VNF performance optimization to provide robustness and high-availability. This is achieved with load balancing, which distributes network traffic across a number of distributed servers, thus increasing the capacity and reliability of applications.
By using opensource tools like SR-IOV, DPDK and OVS-DPDK, we can improve the performance of a VNF and minimize the overhead caused by virtualization. We’ve developed various PoCs/Projects in which we’ve achieved ~line-rate and reduced latency in a virtualized environment.
xFlow Research Inc. has experience in the following areas:
- Automated deployment of VNF Modules (e.g. vIMS, vEPC)
- Optimizing VNF for max performance
- Faster packet processing on x86 platforms (using Intel® DPDK)
- Development of a robust IP Stack
- Integration with high performance I/O libraries (e.g. libuv, libev)
- Benchmarking/ profiling/ reporting of VNFs
- For both individual VNFs or a cluster of VNFs (e.g. vEPC, vIMS)
- Development of tester tools:
- Tester tool for EPCs
- Developing an Application capable of performing Small packet throughput test (UDP) and Large packet test (TCP), and also, to calculate Round trip time (RTT) in various test solutions.