In engineering universities, students use several tools such as Mathematical computational software, simulators, 3D modeling software etc. There are several problems faced by these students such as:
- Enough licenses are not available.
- Some software has complex setup procedures.
- Tools are not available 24/7.
- Some licenses are expired.
- Not all tools are available.
- Not enough physical systems available.
We have created a cloud based solution, with standard hardware which will provide these solutions using virtualization. This idea can be deployed in various scenarios:
- Service based: There will be local clouds in each geo, which will cater to X number of students. Universities can pay subscription fees and we deploy this as SaaS.
- Local university solution: In this case, we will provide the Pod, with HW and SW already assembled to the university and then have a support contract with them.
Proof of Concept (PoC):
We are building proof of concept at a local university. The PoC has been limited for current scenario and the purpose is to demonstrate the feasibility of this idea.
Features of Cloud:
Some of the features are as under:
- Always on Cloud Services
- No limitation of hardware resources
- Publically accessible cloud
- Highly scalable
- Lightweight virtual appliances